State Senator Tom McInnis (R – Richmond) announced today that he will be seeking re – election in the 25th Senate District, which includes Anson, Richmond, Scotland and Moore Counties – and stretches from Peachland to Maxton to Glendon. McInnis is a lifelong resident of the district, the son of a local farmer and public – school teacher.
He is a small business owner who served on the Richmond County Board of Education before his election to the State Senate in 2014. McInnis and his wife, Janice have 4 children and 11 grandchildren.
“I’m proud of all we’ve accomplished for the 25 th District in just a few short years. It’s been one of the great honors of my life to represent the community I love and call home in t he State Senate. If the people choose to send me to Raleigh for another term, I promise to continue providing the very best constituent services in the state and continue championing the conservative North Carolina values we share. I humbly seek your suppo rt, your vote and your prayers as we begin the 2020 election campaign , and I remain available to assist every citizen who may have a need that can be address by state government .”
A few of the many reforms McInnis has championed:
- Pay increases for public school teachers and state employees.
- Tax relief for working and middle – class families, and small businesses.
- The STOP ACT, a bipartisan reform to help end the opioid epidemic.
- Changes to our education system that allow more vocational classes to be taught on every high school campus in the state for those students who do not plan to attend a 4 – year college or university a s well as changes that allow additional paths to teacher licensure.
- Funding and reforms for safe roads, ports, airports, railroads and bridges through the Chairmanship of the Transportation Committee for Appropriations and Policy .
- Public safety improvements and support for law enforcement that were recognized by the Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs Association.
- 2nd Amendment protections for the unborn