The following was submitted by Theresa Thompson.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year! The month is going by fast and Spring is right around the corner which means Census Day is almost here. Anyone who is living in your household as of April 1, 2020 should be counted in the 2020 Census. Census statistics are used to determine the number of seats each state holds in the U.S. House of Representatives and to inform how billions of dollars in federal funds will be allocated by state, local, and federal lawmakers every year for the next 10 years.
Help us spread the word about the 2020 Census! Ways you can help include forwarding this email to all of your contacts and including census information in your newsletters, websites, and social media. Check out and share our Facebook Page (Moore County Planning & Transportation – https://www.facebook.com/moorecountyplanningandtransportation/). Attached are flyers you can print and post at your workplace. There are several Census Community Meetings to learn more about the Census including job opportunities:
· January 27 – 7pm – Trinity AME Zion Church (972 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Southern Pines)
· February 5 – 10-11am – Moore County Ag Center (707 Pinehurst Ave., Carthage)
· February 6 – Noon-7pm – Northern Moore Family Resource Center (116 Horner St., Robbins)
· February 7 – 10am-noon – Moore County Ag Center (707 Pinehurst Ave., Carthage) – VETERANS CENSUS SUMMIT
· February 11 – 6-7pm – Pinebluff Town Hall (325 E. Baltimore Ave., Pinebluff)
· February 13 – 6-7pm – Crain’s Creek Fire Department (4525 Lobelia Rd., Vass)
· March 1 – 1pm – San Juan Diego Church of Sacred Heart (6963 NC Hwy 705, Robbins)
Also, please have your elementary school students participate in the Census Coloring Contest this week. The deadline is Friday, January 31. We will pick up the coloring sheets from each school or you can drop it off at the Planning Department (1048 Carriage Oaks Drive, Carthage).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Planning Supervisor, CZO, CFM
Moore County Planning Department
1048 Carriage Oaks Drive • PO Box 905 • Carthage, NC 28327
Direct 910.947.4598 • Main 910.947.5010