MOORE COUNTY, NC – March 17, 2020 – Moore County Government continues to monitor the progress of COVID-19 in North Carolina and is continuing to adjust preparedness and response plans to meet the evolving needs of the community.
As of 11:00 AM today, Tuesday, March 17, 2020, there are no confirmed presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in Moore County. Testing availability remains limited and is only available to those individuals that meet specific criteria outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and the NC Department of Health and Human Services. The Moore County Health Department will report confirmed presumptive positive cases to the public; however, no patient data will be shared.
Moore County encourages citizens to continue to conduct business with the County electronically to the extent possible. In compliance with guidance issue by the Presidents’ Coronavirus Task Force, additional measures to protect citizens from the spread of the virus are being taken.
All Moore County Library Branches are closed to the public, including Aberdeen, Carthage, Pinebluff, Robbins, and, Vass. The Bookmobile will also not be operating. The overdue book fines will be waived for those books due during this timeframe. The book drop at all branches will remain available for use. Digital services are still available to library cardholders for free, 24/7. Visit www.srls.info to check out ebooks and e-audiobooks; to stream movies, TV, and music; to read digital magazines; and to access educational databases on NCLIVE.
Moore County Parks and Recreation facility (Hillcrest Park) is closed to the public. Baseball 9-12 baseball and softball 9-15 has suspended all practices until April 6th. Tentatively plans are to begin baseball and softball practices on April 6th with games tentatively scheduled to begin April 13th. Soccer sessions have been suspended until April with make-up dates being April 11, 18 & 25, location moved to McDeeds Creek Elementary School. The session times will remain the same.
The Department of Aging facilities are closed to the public beginning at 5:00 pm Tuesday March 17, 2020. This will include all activities at the Senior Enrichment Center on Highway 15/501 and the Westmoore Center on Highway 705. However, home-delivered meals are not cancelled and will continue to be delivered.
Moore County Transportation Services will only operate for scheduled dialysis and chemotherapy patient transports. Moore County Convenience Centers continue to operate a regular schedule and are open to the public.
Moore County Sheriff’s Office has suspended the following services – until further notice:
- All on-site inmate visitations
- All inmate programming (AA & NA, Religious Services, Parenting Classes)
- Court ordered DNA collection
- Fingerprinting services offered to the public
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/moorecountyps/
- Twitter @moorecountyps
- Text MOCOVID19 to 888777 – to receive Nixle alerts concerning coronavirus specific information.
- Email questions to: COVID19INFO@moorecountync.gov
The County will staff a COVID-19 Hotline from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily to answer questions or concerns. The Moore County COVID-19 Hotline Number is 910-947-4509. This Hotline is not for medical advice – you will need to contact your primary care provider.
Additional reliable resources links:
These activity and facility closures are effective beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through Friday April 3, 2020, unless otherwise stated. Additional scheduling changes may be forthcoming in these departments and throughout County government as this situation evolves. Citizens visiting facilities that remain open are encouraged to continue following infection prevention guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
All County departments continue to be staffed during normal business hours and citizens may contact them at the numbers provided below:
- Administration 910-947-6363
- Aging 910-947-4483
- Board of Commissioners 910-947-6403
- Board of Elections 910-947-3868
- Child Support 910-947-2118
- Cooperative Extension 910-947-3188
- Day Reporting 910-947-1549
- Environmental Health 910-947-6283
- GIS 910-947-1078 Health 910-947-3300
- Human Resources 910-947-6362
- Library 910-947-5335
- Park & Recreation 910-947-2504
- Planning & Transportation 910-947-5010
- Property Management 910-947-2301
- Public Safety 910-947-6317
- Public Works 910-947-6315
- Register of Deeds 910-947-6370
- Sheriff’s Office 910-947-2931
- Social Services 910-947-2436
- Soil Water 910-947-5183
- Tax 910-947-2255
- Veterans Services 910-947-3257 Y
- outh Services 910-947-1549