Fire Departments Save Smokey South Side Home From Potential Fire

At 1:48AM on December 14th, the Seven Lakes fire department received an alert that a smoke detector had been set off at a residence in Seven Lakes South. The Seven Lakes Fire Department responded to the call, and the fire departments of Eagle Springs and West End were hot on their heels.

Luckily for the residents, the firefighters made it before a real fire started. A faulty HVAC circuit board had begun smoking and set off the fire alarms but had yet to catch fire.

“It’s important to make sure your home and appliances are regularly inspected and maintained,” cautions a firefighter who responded to the call. “This is especially true for your smoke alarms and wiring.”

The prompt response of the Seven Lakes Fire Department and surrounding areas prevented a potentially dangerous electrical fire.