Normally, Christmas For Moore holds in-person registration sites across the county, but due to COVID-19, 2020 registration forms are either being submitted online, by mail or being picked up and returned at designated locations. Due to the change in the registration process, the nonprofit is extending its registration deadline to Sept. 30 for the 2020 season.
“We are sure that this year poses an even greater need in our community than last year when we registered more than 1,600 of our neighbors,” says Eleanora Voelkel, Christmas For Moore chair, “so we feel we need to give the community an extension on the registration.”
Individuals and families in need of a helping hand this Christmas season may continue to register online or by mail. All the registration information is available on the group’s website, www.christmas4moore.org/registration.
For anyone who is unable to register online, paper applications are available at the following locations:
- Boys and Girls Club of the Sandhills, 160 Memorial Park Ct. Southern Pines, NC 28387.
- Sandhills/Moore Coalition for Human Care, 1500 W. Indiana Ave. Southern Pines, NC 28387.
- Northern Moore Family Resource Center, 116 South Horner St, Robbins, NC 27325.
- Department of Social Services 1036 Carriage Oaks Dr. Carthage, NC 28327 Hours: M-F 8-5 Dropbox available for application forms instead of mailing.
- Moore Free & Charitable Clinic, 211 Trimble Plant Rd Southern Pines, NC 28387.
“Together, we can touch our neighbors with love and support in this upcoming season of giving,” adds Voelkel.
For more information on registering to be sponsored or becoming a sponsor for Christmas For Moore, call or text 910-477-3355, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.Christmas4Moore.org. To assist with a donation, checks may be mailed to Christmas for Moore, P.O. Box 3962, Pinehurst, N.C., 28374. All donations are tax-deductible.